Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Books I've read: September - December, 2012


1. Love Wins by Rob Bell
Read it. Love wins. What a simple concept. There is so much truth to that statement. Seriously, read it. It was a quick read with thought-provoking material. I loved it.



2. Crazy Love by Francis Chan
My small group has been reading this book over the past few weeks. I have all kinds of feelings about it. I hated it at the beginning, but it started growing on me around chapter 6ish. There are only 10 chapters in this book. Typically I would close up a book and move on if I wasn't engrossed after reading halfway through, but since we were reading this in group, I kind of didn't have a choice. It did get better, and definitely challenged me to be open-minded. I wrote a tad bit about it here.



3. Dear Me: A Letter to My Sixteen-Year-Old Self Edited by Joseph Galliano
An interesting compilation of letters from famous people, written to themselves at age 16. Pretty fun little book - some letters are funny, some are serious. I liked it. Be on the lookout for a post from me, to my sixteen-year-old self. :)





4. Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman
So maybe I'm cheating because I'm not quite finished with this book. I was supposed to be a part of an online book club, reading this book and blogging about it. I was a little behind, okay a lot, so I've decided to have my own installments of the "book club" and just not link up with the actual one. I've really enjoyed this book. It's been challenging, encouraging, and validating. I'll write more about it later.



This is a pretty sad little list over the past four months. I hope to read more this year...if only I had the time...and I hadn't been introduced to "words with friends," my newest addiction :). No really, I do hope to make more time to do some of the things I love, like reading.

1 comment:

Blair McLeod said...

man, keeping up with the book club was HARD for me -- and i was one of the two hosting it. i totally hear ya sister! and my list is WAY shorter than yours. eeks! i need to read more!

we are taking Q&A for Emily Freeman on #thesamepage's final link up today. would LOVE for you to come leave her a question in the comments. can be about anything.

also -- still feel free to link up this post to todays link up!

xo