Wednesday, October 15, 2014

For your Wednesday

If you've got girls who love Hello Kitty, check out this website. Apparently Hello Kitty is celebrating its 40th anniversary! See if there's a bookstore or library near you that's hosting an event. Fun times!

Writing about Hello Kitty reminds me of this time I was in Costco with Xander. He was about 3 years old. We were walking by the toy aisle when he said to me, "Mommy! Let's go down that aisle. I see toys. And there's even something Amelia Jayne will like - it's Hi Cat!" I could not hold back the uproarious laughter that spilled out of me. So, be sure to celebrate "Hi Cat!" at the end of the month. :)

I admire and respect someone who can own who she is and allow God to work through her with modern medicine. Take a look at this article and be encouraged.

I find myself in the drift quite often...especially as of late. I have been overwhelmed with certain choices I've made, scheduling conflicts, guilt-induced decisions, and on and on. Most of them aren't bad, but I need to prioritize.

Gosh, I feel old even mentioning this article, but I just couldn't help it. It is so good! I'm not quite old enough to understand all of these, but I can imagine them to be true. Gave me lots of ideas for my bucket list...

I love Jimmy Fallon and, of course, the library is close to my heart. This video made me laugh and smile and think of Jimmy Fallon and books and I laughed and smiled some more. :)

There is probably a whole blog post that will be dedicated to this in the future, but for now just take a look at this article if you do struggle or have ever struggled with emotional eating.

I've been looking for some new, healthy recipe ideas and came across this site. I haven't made anything from it yet, but I'm excited to try.

I feel like I rarely write about work anymore on here, but it's still very much a part of my life. :) Here's an initiative that we've just begun. It has so much potential and I'm very excited to be a part of this great work. So much about my outside-the-home job is incredibly fulfilling.

Here's a great article by Tasha Via about the way we speak and act toward our children - it made me stop to think how my actions come across and if I'm exemplifying the grace and love that I so often talk about and attempt to teach my children.

No comments: