Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Interesting articles and random websites

Sarah Bessey always says things in a way that touches my heart and blesses me immensely. This article fascinated me and reflects so many of my own thoughts.


This is obviously a hot topic since the Supreme Court ruling came out a couple of weeks ago legalizing gay marriage. This article and this one express my thoughts and love so much more clearly than I can.


I am so very proud of our babysitter, Erin. She is interning at a nonprofit called Promising Pages. She's pictured at the top of this article. We love Erin!


Fantastic! Read to your kids - all ages!! I fully expect to continue reading with my kids long after they can read well for themselves. Xander likes to do most of the reading now, but I still sneak a book or two in each night. :)


This is a great list - 100 acts of Kindness. My favorite is number 96. ;) And beware - if you do number 7 then it will probably get thrown out.


I turn 35 this year, so this 35 year old woman's advice on what she wishes she'd known in high school intrigued me. I agree. I want to save this list for my kids.


Y'all know what it's like to live with a threenager. And if you don't here's an article that will give you a peek into my life.





I haven't had a chance to download this app yet, but I can't wait! People are so funny when it comes to my kids - some folks think Xander is a spitting image of David (I happen to agree mostly - I think Xander looks like his Grandma with red hair) and others see the hair and think he looks like me. Others think AJ looks just like David (but if you look at my little girl pics you'll see AJ everywhere!) - I want to see what the experts think. ;)


I found this article very interesting! I love personality tests and I love reading so this was a great combo. I'm an ENFP, so my recommended book was Bridget Jones's Diary. Though I didn't care for the movie, I thought I might at least attempt the book. We'll see how far I get...


I read this article, and this one too, both having similar themes about over-parenting. There are so many things we do as parents that we think are helping, but are actually hindering our children. Let's "be instead of brag" and stop the helicopter parenting!


I am nowhere near being a professional blogger (nor do I want to be) but I heard about this ebook recently and thought it might be interesting to take a peek into.


My life lately....
"Sometimes sometimes sometimes it’s easy to lose us and our happy in the midst of this crazy life journey with twenty plus years of motherhood tucked in the middle. Tears. You’re not alone, sweet mother, if you’ve ever felt this way.  Listen, please, please, please. You are not the only mom who has ever stood in the kitchen with kids running around and dishes piled high and loud noises and tears have filled your eyes as you wondered what happened to happy.  It’s okay. For real. I know those moments hurt and can make you feel like you just want to throw your hands in the air and that sometimes you just want a break and sometimes just a hug or to be loved and told you matter. 
So listen.
It is okay. You are a good mom. Even in all those moments."

No comments: